About the Financial Integrity Network
FIN is comprised of a unique set of professionals who have operated at the forefront of counter-illicit financing in the private and public sectors. Our clients include governments, global banks, and non-bank financial institutions grappling with the challenges of an evolving financial integrity environment.
As our business grows, we're seeking strong candidates with a proven passion for and technical expertise in the regulatory aspects of financial crimes compliance, including sanctions, anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, and anti-bribery and corruption.
The Chief Technology Officer serves a critical role in the Financial Integrity Network (FIN)’s continued growth by overseeing and driving the development of anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing (AML/CFT) technology products and services, including through product design and quality assurance, oversight and direction of FIN Associates, and client engagement and business development in support of FIN Principals.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Provide expert level quality assurance for all AML/CFT technology work product, including for:
- Existing commercial clients covering primarily global and regional banking and non-banking financial institutions;
- Prospective business development covering jurisdictions, financial institutions and sectors, and other vulnerable companies and industries; and
- Policy work for think tanks, government interaction, publications, speeches, and media.
Oversee the design and development of standard and new AML/CFT technology products or services for existing or prospective clients or markets;
Support FIN Principals in client engagements and business development, including by serving as FIN’s AML/CFT technology subject matter expert; and
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate relevant technologies for FIN and FIN-client products, services, and platforms;
- Oversee the design and execution of innovative technology-based and cybersecurity-related financial crimes compliance (FCC) risk management products and services;
- Assist FIN as it operates in the financial technology (Fintech) and regulatory technology (Regtech) spaces, by driving the creation of standard and new technical requirements and specifications;
- Help oversee projects with and for clients that have a core technology component;
- Facilitate networking with technology companies and partners to assist FIN in its mission; and
- Assist FIN principals and staff in understanding the growing regulatory requirements in the United States, European Union, and globally for relevant technologies operating in the financial and banking space.
- 10+ years of technology-related experience in the financial services industry, preferably as a systems engineer in AML/CFT, compliance risk management, sanctions screening, and/or payment platforms;
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Software Development, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field of study;
- Capable of leading teams and producing high quality work product and solutions; and
- Experience in and curiosity about the emerging fields of Fintech, Regtech, Blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and/or virtual currencies.
Compensation and Career Path
Market competitive and firm centric--to be discussed